NEW BLOG THEME

2/25/2017


Assalamualaikum and hi! I'm back with a new theme on my blog. Keep reading to know where I got the inspiration from, where to get minimalist photos and how I edited them. Enjoy!

Before this, my main theme on this blog was black and white. Every single button on my blog is either black or white. This is my previous theme color that wasn't that nice, yeah kind of boring with just black and white.


And this is the new look with pastel theme


For now, I'm satisfied with the changes I've made to my blog but there are certain things that need to redo to make it looks neater and with that, I'm actually referring to my header. Without further introduction, let me bring you to the most interesting part; sources.

Where did you get the idea of this theme? 
Well, while I was watching a youtube video about someone playing an Ouija board if I'm not mistaken, I came across one of the recommended videos on youtube which was a tutorial on how to edit pastel pictures on PicsArt. I clicked on that video and was truly amazed at the combination of pastel colors and how the youtuber combined different pictures with different colors together. I really like the idea of combining colors especially when it involves pastel.Who doesn't like pastel colors? yes, maybe I was way too passionate with pastel colors and I can't deny I'm so into it since last year. 

You can simply search on youtube 'Pastel Edit Tutorial' on youtube and there you go, lots of tutorials are waiting for you to watch them. Basically, my header and the way I edited the picture in each of my posts is inspired from this youtuber. I really like her style of editing. I've always wanted to do this type of theme but had no idea where to start from. Thanks to her for all of the amazing videos she made to help a person like me.

Where to get pastel photos like you?
I wondered the exact same thing while watching the tutorial videos, where did other people get nice pastel color photos from? Did they edit themselves? No, you can simply search it on google. Most of them on youtube didn't tell the website name and where they downloaded their pastel photos from. Let me reveal the secret, you can search any type of photos you like in DeviantArt.com. The keyword is 'pastel aesthetic pack'. Just search it either on Google or on the website itself and download the pack. Make sure to give proper credit to them (I'm still figuring out how to write a proper disclaimer page). If you're not interested in that type of photos but more into the usual type of stock photos, check out this post.

What editing software did you use?
For my header, I used WPS Writer (same like Microsoft Word because I don't have one) to crop the shape of the photos, Photoscape to arrange the pictures accordingly and Gimp 2 for the transparency. While for other photos in my posts I just used Photoscape. For the editing, I explored that 3 software on my own since I couldn't even find a tutorial on how to edit the type of header that I want on the internet. I can post the tutorial if you want me to :)

My main problem after changing this whole theme is my header and menu bar are not responsive on other devices and I stressed out because of that, but now I chose not to care anymore. I wish I knew more about coding though tsk :'( Besides the unresponsive problem, I get stressed with my blog stats and followers. Yes I know I shouldn't focus on my followers and instead, write a more useful post for my readers but it bothers me sometimes. I think I should do an interesting giveaway every month, hmm we'll see.

So that's it for today's post, hopefully it is helpful for you, bye!

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. http://shahirahsarmy.blogspot.my/2017/02/segmen-follow-me-februari-2017-my-first.html jom join segmen ni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such an AMERZING template. I was totally mesmerized by your effort. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pastel combination ^^ nice work farah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :D almost gave up trying at first haha

      Delete
  4. Your new look is so nice I'm in love!

    Nah dear, don't worry much on your followers, I'm sure you've got some loyal readers already, and that includes me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! awh thats's so sweet of you thanks :D

      Delete
  5. Unique sangat!!!! I'm in love, congratulations, betul2 menarik tau, lain dari yang lain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. thank you :D i love ur writing skill <3

      Delete
  7. jelesnya...kreatif...template coding sendiri ennn??? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jangan jeles hahaha. tak ni free template cuma edit bagi nampak lain dari orang lain sikit :)

      Delete
  8. Your new theme is amazing! And you only use simple tools only. Pixlr allow transparency if i'm not mistaken. Although GIMP is free but I'm not that good. So, with the tools set, I think I'm gonna try this as well. Just for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Pixlr is a good editing software besides gimp. You can simply search for the tutorials on google, that's what I did. glad that you've gotten your inspiration :D goodluck and have fun!

      Delete
  9. Wow love your new look! Cantik! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in LOVEEEE with your new theme! And the bleach on the header tho hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you darling <3 yeah that's a reminder not to mess up with me haha jk

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new theme..! Pastel is absolutely an eye-catch.. XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow your blog always good looking

    ReplyDelete